So, after the letter from the Council telling us off for doing nothing with the allotment, I ordered some black cover sheeting stuff to try and help everything die on the plot whilst we’re finding time to go and do more.
So the lovely Pete came up for the day, and he and Rich set to the plot. Me and Lizzie toddled off to go to baby massage – I think we had the better deal!
So before they started it looked like this:
And from the top you can see the bit of black stuff we had put down to keep the path clear – it works! Shame the rest of it got so over grown!
So the boys set to work, and they did good!
Halfway through and it’s really obvious how bad it had got! It’s made up of a 2m, 1m and 2m wide pieces (my plot is 5m wide) so we will always have a path up the middle even when we create the spaces to plant
Admiring his work
And Pete, who seems to be doing an impression of a teapot :confused:
So, we think the Council will be happy, and we hope it means the Irish blokes next to us are no longer contemplating setting fire to the weeds